Eliminating Unnecessary Energy Use
Energy Efficiency is a difficult task for a business of any size. Machinery, computers, lights, heating and cooling to the customers’ comfort, opening and closing of the main door…all of those factors can work against a company’s energy bill. At Anton Sport, we try to limit and eliminate unnecessary energy use wherever possible. Here are some of the steps we have taken in our front office:
- Shut down computers at the end of the day
- Set computer displays to shut off with 20 minutes of inactivity
- Set computer to sleep mode with 1 hour of inactivity
- Maintain thermostat between 70-80 degrees during office hours, with auto-set function to reduce usage nights and weekends
- Use of skylights in front office and warehouse
- Keeping lights off for the first hour of the business before customers arrive
- Use of energy efficient lighting
- Use of evaporative coolers instead of air conditioning when possible
- Dual pane glass windows to provide heat transfer reduction
- Ceiling fans to aide evaporative coolers and air conditioning with circulation of cool air
Anton Sport installed Solar panels letting us harness the energy of the sun to help power our printing machines and making us that much more eco-friendly!
Stop by for a visit: 905 Scottsdale Rd | Tempe AZ 85281.