Eliminating Unnecessary Energy Use
Energy Efficiency is a difficult task for a business of any size. Machinery, computers, lights, heating and cooling to the customers’ comfort, opening and closing of the main door…all of those factors can work against a company’s energy bill. At Anton Sport, we try to limit and eliminate unnecessary energy use wherever possible. Here are some of the steps we have taken in our front office:
Its Just What We Do...
- Shut down computers at the end of the day
- Set computer displays to shut off with 20 minutes of inactivity
- Set computer to sleep mode with 1 hour of inactivity
- Maintain thermostat between 70-80 degrees during office hours, with auto-set function to reduce usage nights and weekends
- Use of skylights in front office and warehouse
- Keeping lights off for the first hour of the business before customers arrive
- Use of energy efficient lighting
- Use of evaporative coolers instead of air conditioning when possible
- Dual pane glass windows to provide heat transfer reduction
- Ceiling fans to aide evaporative coolers and air conditioning with circulation of cool air
Anton Sport uses solar panels to further our eco-friendly efforts
Stop by for a visit: 905 Scottsdale Rd | Tempe AZ 85281.